Frozen nerds.com
OH MY DAYS. Its 35deg outside so the morons here have decided to turn the air con to 'Arctic Blizzard' so that trying to type here now looks not unlike a person with Arthric hands trying to play the piano... Its so cold I have pins and needles in 8 of my 10 fingers.. if I weren't so bloody orange my hands would be blue and my nose is red and really cold.. what are they DOING!! its like torture! ...Answers on a postcard to the usual address
If anyone wants to send emergency cupplies of wooly hats and gloves feel free. :(
Other than that its ladies night tonight WHHHHHHHAY HEY :) wonder if they do free hot toddies..?
In other news.. I've just written a 57 page requirements and functional spec about system messaging.. f*ckin hell has my life really come to this .. ha ha ha
If anyone wants to send emergency cupplies of wooly hats and gloves feel free. :(
Other than that its ladies night tonight WHHHHHHHAY HEY :) wonder if they do free hot toddies..?
In other news.. I've just written a 57 page requirements and functional spec about system messaging.. f*ckin hell has my life really come to this .. ha ha ha

4 Comments:
hot, cold, tepid... we all burn at different temperatures. no mistake, chemical reactions are happening regardless and life is going on. some just like it hotter, some prefer it cooler. the challenge is to find equilibrium and that may well be the biggest challenge in life. your little office situation could possibly be taken as a perspective on the world at large... different people, different needs, stuck in one place.
in other news... try explaining the concept of employee welfare to a bunch of ageing boardmembers... i'd prefer the anonymity of writing any day. still, 57 pages is impressive... pity it couldnt be on something more meaningful like the life of ants, but hey, we all gotta work and sometimes we dont have a choice. the thing to remember is that you finished the project and did a job you could be satisfied with... that's all that matters. no?
WIIIIIIISE words.. I'm looking forwards to the big tip in the other direction on the scales to balance the equilibrium.. if ONLY this project was finished. I did once write a study on the memory of woodlouse for a Psychology paper, indeed I can confirm it bettered this
News just in! Yay, I've fixed the air con now those in my immediate surrounds and myself can take off our extra layers and bask in 'normal' levels of working temperatures..Arctic blizzards no more
Wow, explaining concept of employee welfare to board members is, I imagine, one of the more futile of life's endeavors. Selective ignorance is probably rife within such a group of people where such matters are concerned.. I mean, since when is the increase in wellbeing of employees directionally proportional to increases in revenue, or even decreases in cost. I am certain in the latter situation its more that increases in wellbeing lead to increases in cost, so WHY should THEY be interested in something that is detrimental to the fulfilling of their own selfish needs... Groups like that will push the boundaries as far as possible and people WILL accept what for some is akin to ill treatment from those holding the purse strings, it’s surprising.
Yeah, as my job is to basically design and implement systems to put people out of work I am more than familiar is the sh1ttier end of the stick. You’re right the anonymity of writing sure beats that, although I have much of that to come too… Mind you, as you say it’s all down to choice, and my gripes and grumbles are only as a result of the choices I am responsible for... Ahhh to be irresponsible!
oh dear, putting people out of work as a function of what you do? now that's a massive karma deficit. i wonder what you need to do to offset it. but then, with people like the aforementioned boardmembers in the running too, our individual karma deficits hardly compare, do they? but yes, to be irresponsible would indeed be an interesting state to experience whilst in the throes of adulthood, which btw completely sucks. give me the innocence of youth and the wonder of childhood, for this reality is sometimes more than i can handle, or want to handle.
fixed the aircon??!! do u moonlight as a handyman then? quite shakespearean isn't it? a brilliant (yet unfulfilled) writer who dons a man's identity and goes around fixing things in an attempt to find meaning... now that would make an interesting screenplay.
...and the air con is still holding up! To the bar!
Post a Comment
<< Home