Thrills, Frills and Headaches
Oh my god its been so long lover, how i have cast thee aside again for a life less ordinary, but like a guilty wife who has found love and excitement in the thighs of another I have surely come crawling back to these sin ridden sheets.
Well whats been going on - who cares? Well, you nor I but I'll discuss anyway.
So, I've been living with this illness called houseownershipits since August now and its still as boring and as tedious as it was when the first stages of the virus initially appeared. People who saw the place early on and saw that i had decided to unpack all my worldly belongings onto the floor - where they stayed and got kicked around and waked all over to be only rescued time to time by the savior called 'That's what I'm Wearing Today,' those people still are asking if its still the same shit tip as it was back then. Well. No. Not quite. The clothes have found their way into the wardrobe that Goldenboy put up, but i still can't find it within me to buy blinds, and well make it more of a home than a house. And so it leads me onto my point...
I've been waiting with hungry anticipation for the the middle class affect of "IDIOTS" (Interior Design Infatuation Obsessive Trappings Syndrome) to overcome me, but alas i still find myself bereft of all toss for the attraction to all things Habitat, Lombok and Ikea. I have tried really hard to get into it, I've watched Grand Designs a few times, and, I think ,have over the ears cast my eyes over a few minutes worth of Linda Barker and that long haired fat dandy but still not longing for more scatter cushions and velvet flock has overcome me. Truth is I'm SCARED of it. I'm scared of committing to decorating, DIY and putting dints and dinks in walls. God only knows why. It is completely irrational!
For the love of Slash, I have finally got around to committing to a country, career and man and I can't even commit to putting a few holes in plasterboard or changing the colour of a wall... or even the great dilemma of curtains or blinds!!! Is this normal? Is it normal to not want to make your house a home. I mean all the shapes seem to be matching the holes so to speak... I'm a woman, I can shop, I like shiny things, I like things that look 'attractive' so why am I so aversive to all things soft furnishings related. I have picked up all the catalogues which still sit untouched under my bedside table, I've bought ornamental things, and have shopped at laura ashley homeware (once) - all the intention is there but I'm just not hooked into flinging all my money on erecting shelving, buying things to put other things in and changing the colour of walls i barely look at as i'm too busy out having a life... Hmmm maybe that's it. If gave up my life and all thing frivolous then maybe my tine in Ikea will come, and when I put it that way, I guess the blinds can wait! Don't look so shocked Lawrey Laz-Boz


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home